Looking for a way to contribute to our work with women & children who have experienced violence? Want to help create positive change in our community by supporting our work to end violence? Please consider putting your knowledge and skills to use by joining our Board of Directors—we are actively recruiting now:
Leeds and Grenville Interval House (“LGIH”) is an emergency shelter that provides safety and shelter for women and their children. LGIH provides women and their children with the support and resources they need to get their lives back on track after leaving an abusive relationship.
LGIH is a feminist organization that operates from an integrated anti-racist, anti-oppression (“ARAO”) framework.
LGIH’s Board of Directors is currently looking to fill a number of upcoming Director vacancies.
The Director is responsible for and agrees to:
- Fulfill governance and stewardship role to ensure the long term success of the organization
- Act as an ambassador of the agency and its mission in the community at large, to increase awareness of violence against women, promote LGIH services, and build new supporters
- Support Strategic Plan goals
- Engage with key stakeholders including funders, partners, donors, and supporters
- Attend regularly scheduled board meetings on a monthly basis and come prepared to lead
- and participate in discussions
- Join at least 1 Board Committee and contribute through Committee work
We encourage applications from women and men who reflect the diversity of the community we serve, including but not limited to; survivors of violence, people of colour, Aboriginal women and men, lesbian/bisexual/queer/trans/intersex community members, individuals with disabilities, and individuals representing the range of socio-economic realities in our community.
We are looking for individuals who have a strong commitment to feminist practice and bring experience as well as expertise in one of the following areas.
Desired Expertise and Profile:
- Organizational Development/Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Management/Accounting/Audit/Compliance/Legal
- Fundraising/Marketing/Public Relations
- Experience in the Not for Profit Sector
- Superior networking skills and extensive network of contacts
- Anti-racism/anti-oppression understanding, education and practice;
- Demonstrated evidence of community involvement
- Violence against women sector experience
The following are not mandatory but are considered assets:
- Previous board experience
Please email a letter of interest and resume to the nominating committee by April 28/17.
Leeds and Grenville Interval House provides emergency shelter, outreach counseling and transitional support for abused women and their children throughout the Leeds & Grenville area. We offer accommodation, counseling and a 24-hour crisis and support line for women in distress and offer support in the following areas:
• a 24-hour Crisis and Support Line
• short-term residential shelters for women and their children
• transitional and outreach services for women
• child witness program
• group programs
All of our services are confidential and offered free of charge.
Leeds and Grenville Interval House is committed to supporting women, children and youth experiencing violence and working collaboratively with the community to eliminate all forms of violence and oppression.
We welcome our new Executive Director, Charlene Catchpole: